Saturday, December 6, 2008

Seize the Days

Have you noticed? There haven't been any recent entries for Sur Real Estate of Mind...

In mid-September it was announced that Community Financial Resource Center and LATMAP (Los Angeles Teachers Mortgage Assistance Program), the organization/program through which I created this blog would have to temporarily suspend its programs due to the current economic and financial hardships that have threatened the existence of many organizations, companies and households. :(

Since I was the lone writer of this blog this page became inactive as well. I have now sought out new career opportunities and will not be with the aforementioned organization when/if they reinstate their programs at the beginning of next year. I have also left the "world of homeownership counseling" all together and will now be working as a commodities broker (basically working with foreign currency, gold, precious metals, futures, options, cotton, stock indices, etc.)for a firm in downtown Los Angeles while simultaneously running a t-shirt design company, Wake Up Tokyo. It may seem like a leap from homeownership counseling to investing, but I've always wanted to pursue a career in investing and thus, the "loss" opened up an opportunity. And the t-shirt company seemed like a given considering my art background.

This blog was my "baby" of sorts - my first attempt at blogging, and I felt we had a good run. I am pleased with how far it went and the impact it made. Thanks for reading!

Signing off...

3 comments:

Mr. Gertner said...

I heard that the program had shut down. Understandable, but too bad for me since prices are finally starting to be affordable.

Thank you for making this blog. It has been a valuable source of information for me as a renting LAUSD teacher wanting to become a first time homebuyer. I hope when LATMAP restarts that someone might be interested in picking it up.

Good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

Did hear about it a few months back, it didn't matter much to me though! thanks for posting this on.

Anonymous said...

That's quite the bummer, I hope you pick up on your blog in another program, I really enjoy it.

Century 21 Reward Realty - Edmonton Condos